- if you cannot measure, it you cannot fix it -
We are looking for understand the relationship Engineering, Society and Sustainability. Our goal is to develop frameworks of analysis for understanding the causes and effects of current events to contribute to sustainable development through better understanding and integration of local systems - characterized by its natural resources, climate, infrastructure needs engineering, societal and political frameworks - to support of decision-making to the public policy level, linking science, technology, society and education.
Quantitative sustainability assessment applies methodologies such as Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and material flow analysis (MFA) to constituent fields into sustainability science, such as environmental policy, management and assessment, environmental/ecosystem services modelling, human behavior, climate change, natural resources availability (e.g. water, land, minerals, etc.) and social impact assessment.
- • We do research and develop tools aimed at quantifying sustainability in a life cycle perspective.
- • We provide valid and quick tools for sustainability assessment
- • We enable decision makers to solve sustainability challenges
- • We adapt LCA and MFA tools for specific technological and societal domains.